Villa Holidays in the South of France: Best Destinations from the Experts
We've been offering villa holidays in the South of France for over 20 years. We know this beautiful area inside out — both the must-sees and the lesser-known spots.
This knowledge allows us to bring you a curated collection of truly unique holiday villas. We already have 220 luxury villas with private pools in the South of France, and we keep scouting the area for new gems.
For two decades, Provence, Cote d'Azur, Var, Alpes Maritimes, Luberon and Les Alpilles have been our favorite playground. Yet as we continue to explore it, we can still see it with fresh eyes — just as you might. We know exactly what our guests look for in a holiday villa. And we put our deep first-hand knowledge of the area at your disposal.
Most of all, when you rent a villa in the South of France with us, we want you to feel at home. Don't be a tourist on your villa holiday. Enjoy it as a savvy local!
What's the right spot in the South of France for you?
Our luxury villas are spread all along the Mediterranean coast, from the Italian border to Saint-Tropez, and further into the inland Provence.
The Mediterranean France is, of course, famed for its laid-back vibe and romantic beauty. Sun-drenched landscapes, sandy beaches, cool rosé from local vineyards, olive groves, quaint historic villages and glamorous resorts — it has it all.
But the charm of holidays in the South of France comes in many different nuances. Every corner has its own character. To help you get a taste of it before you choose your villa, we've identified several regions, each with their own identity.
We've put together a few insider's tips on each of them. You can find them below, and also in our handy mobile app, which puts the treasure trove or our local knowledge at your fingertips. (Download it for free for Apple devices or Android devices.)
- Calling all beach lovers! Particularly golfers, water sports enthusiasts, and families with young children: Sainte-Maxime
- Quiet beaches, sailing, and relaxed hiking along the protected coastline: Les Issambres and Saint-Aygulf
- Trendy and glitzy: Saint-Tropez, Ramatuelle and surroundings
- Hiking and wine tasting at an insider's spot near Saint-Tropez: La Croix-Valmer, Gigaro, Cavalaire-sur-Mer
- It doesn't get more Provençal than this, with truffles, lavender fields, and fresh local wines: Draguignan and Lorgues
- Picturesque hilltop villages between the sea and the mountains: Fayence and 8 more little gems around the Lake of Saint-Cassien
- Scenic hikes and a famous truffle market: Tourtour, Bargemon, Aups, Lake of Saint-Croix and Gorges du Verdon
- Lubéron at its best: Gordes, Bonnieux and Lourmarin
- Glamorous and fashionable: Cannes and Mougins
- Child-friendly, full of fun coastal activities and good restaurants: Fréjus-Saint-Raphael
- Elegant and authentic: Le Vieux Nice
- Fragrant and picturesque: Grasse, the capital of perfumes among flowered hills
- Quiet, outdoorsy, medieval: Provence Verte (Brignoles, Hyeres, Toulon)
- Artsy and full of history: Avignon and Saint-Rémy de Provence: Les Alpilles
We'll help you choose the perfect villa in the South of France
The South of France is really an ideal destination for a villa holiday. And our holiday homes are conveniently located in some of the most desirable spots of Provence and French Riviera, within an hour's drive from local airports.
A private villa with your own pool is a perfect base to explore all the beaches, outdoor activities, cultural and historic landmarks, local markets and restaurants.
Does the choice seem a little overwhelming? We're happy to help. Give our travel counselors a call at +44 33 03900471, and we'll help you find your dream villa in no time. You can also fill in a quick online form, and we'll email you a personalised villa rental proposal within two working hours.