Covid-19 virus. Update 2 April.

As a customer-focussed travel business, we wish to inform both clients and homeowners during these trying times. The situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) changes daily and we will review this page as we continue to follow advice from the Dutch Ministery of Foreign Affairs and the guidelines from ANVR and ACM.

The current existing uncertainty affects us all. Both you and the private homeowner of the villa you have rented. We specifically also mention the homeowner because it is with him that you have the rental contract. VillaSud is the intermediary between the homeowner and you, the client. 

We will most certainly do our utmost to find a solution for all parties involved. Should there be any financial 'pain' we would like for it to be distributed as fairly as possible. After all, if ever there was force majeur it is now. We fear that we are all going to experience a financial setback.


Would you like to know what your options are?

1. Booking date before April 30th;

2. All other bookings; 


1. Bookings with an arrival before April 30th.

It has become clear that, due to the current Covid-19 crisis, you will not be able to stay in the villa you have booked with us. This is very unfortunate and we understand that this is a big disappointment for you. What to do?

According to the General Conditions, which are based on the ANVR Booking Conditions for single travel services ($ 3), there is no right as to cancel free of charge.

Having this said we of course very much understand, as does the owner of the villa you have rented, that these are extraordinary times. We are in constant contact with all of our homeowners and we doing our utmost to find a solution for you.

Perhaps a solution is to rebook to a later period in 2020 or 2021.

We are pleased to see that many owners are currently very open for rebooking later in 2020 or possibly even 2021. Just so you know; the owners are under no obligation to do so.

Perhaps you can start to think of a new time frame for your holiday in case we can rebook?


2. All other bookings.

Everything that is mentioned under 1 also applies to you.

With regard to your final payment we would like to offer a helping hand. We will ask the owner of your accommodation for a postponement.
We will do so around 10 weeks before your stay.
At present, the vast majority of homeowners are happy to agree to the postponement.


  • A postponement is on request and will be confirmed to you by email
  • It is up to 2 weeks before your stay,
  • Cancellation is also up to 2 weeks before your stay

In the 4 to 2 weeks before your stay we will contact you again to discuss possibilities. See also item 1.

By offering you a postponement, we hope we able to offer you some pice of mind in these bizarre times. 

If anything we would like for you to go on holiday this summer and so does the homeowner.