Privacy & Cookies
This privacy statement explains what personal data VillaSud BV collects from you through our interaction with you and through our services, and how we use that data. We advise you to read this carefully.
This privacy statement was last updated on 25-05-2018 9:00:00
In our processing we comply with the requirements set by the privacy legislation GDPR. That means, among other things, that:
o we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this via this privacy statement;
o we restrict our collection of personal data to only the personal data necessary for legitimate purposes;
o we first ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
o we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also requirements of parties that process personal data in our order;
o we respect your right to provide your personal data for inspection, to correct or to delete upon your request.
Use of personal data
By using our services, we obtain certain information from you. That may be personal data. We only keep and use the personal data provided by you directly, within the framework of the service you request, or of which it is clear that they are provided to us to process.
We use the following data for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement:
- Name and contact details, such as first and last name, gender, email addresses, postal address, billing address, telephone numbers and other similar data, so that we can reach you before, during and after your holiday (by mail, email, SMS / WhatsApp or telephone), not only to be able to send your reservation confirmation and travel documents, but also to contact you, for example if something is unclear, additional information is needed or available and/or to check afterwards whether your holiday went well.
- Demographic information about you and your travel companions, such as age / date of birth, gender, country and preferred language, so that the owner and manager of the villa you have reserved will be aware of the composition of your travel group and can provide you with an appropriate service on site. If you have taken out insurance, VillaSud will also pass on this information to the relevant insurer.
- Device and usage data, such as your IP address, device IDs, regional and language settings, so that we can remember your preferences and offer you tailor-made information. By remembering your IP address, we ensure that no one uses your MyVillaSud account.
- Payment details, such as the details of the bank account (s) with which you made payments to us. These are stored in our administration in order to link your payment to your booking number and to make any refunds to you. If you pay us via PayPal or Mollie, your payment will be executed directly by these parties. We do not see your bank or credit card details, Mollie and/or PayPal only tell us whether your payment has been successful. Or not.
After you have made a reservation request via the VillaSud website, you are offered the opportunity to create a personal account via our website, (MyVillaSud) where you can gain online access to the following data:
- Status of your current reservation request / booking
- Personal details of yourself and your traveling party, which you have communicated to us
- Payment details, which are used for your payments and any refunds
- Overview of the favorite villas you have saved
- Your history of bookings with VillaSud
- Registration and cancellation of newsletters
After registration, we will save the personal data you have provided via the password and email address chosen by you. We keep this information so that you do not have to enter it every time and in the context of the execution of the agreement.
Via MyVillaSud you get access to a personal management environment where you can view, set, specify and change things yourself.
- Access to the data that VillaSud has collected and used from you
- Change your data online
- Submit an application for removal of your data and personal account
We will not pass on the data linked to your e-mail address to third parties, unless this is necessary in the context of the execution of the agreement that you conclude with us or if this is legally required. In case of suspicion of fraud or abuse of our webshop, we can hand over personal data to the competent authorities.
When you book a holiday villa with us, we use your personal data for the processing thereof. If necessary for proper processing, we can also provide your personal data to third parties. You can read more about this later in this privacy statement.
In addition to the information on our website, we can also inform you of our new villas and services:
- by e-mail
- via social media
- by telephone
Contact form and newsletter
We offer via our website the possibility to ask questions by means of a contact form, where you are asked to fill in various information to deal with your question. You choose which information you provide. The data you send us will be kept for as long as the nature of the form or the content of your e-mail is required for the complete answering and processing thereof.
We offer a newsletter with which we want to inform interested parties about our villas and / or services. Each newsletter contains a link with which you can unsubscribe. If you are not a customer of VillaSud, your e-mail address will only be added to the list of subscribers with your explicit permission.
Downloading the Southern France App
The South France app, which provides Insidertips, has been downloaded via a third-party app store. We have no influence on which personal data the provider processes and for which purposes. We recommend that you read the relevant privacy statements from the relevant provider.
Location Information Southern France App
In order to make optimal use of the tips in our Southern France app, we can collect location data (GPS) from you. For this, your permission is requested at the moment.
At the end of your booking we ask our customers for feedback, where personal data can be published with your review, which are visible on our website for everyone:
- your name, place name and country
You choose whether and which information you publish. It is possible that you can be identified by this. You can also choose to give an anonymous review. On request we anonymize information that has been published.
Our web store does not display advertisements from third parties, unless directly related to the service provided by us, such as a travel and cancellation insurance provider.
Provision to third parties
Owners of the villas, who rent out through our website, receive personal information from you and the travel party you have specified from the moment you make a reservation request through our website. After booking, owners can also pass on the personal details of you and your travel companions to the managers of their villa so that they are aware of your arrival and can receive and assist you onsite during and after your stay. By placing a reservation request you agree that the parties involved in the creation and execution of the booking receive personal information from you and your travel party.
Social media buttons are included on our website. The administrators of these services collect your personal data. We advise you to read the relevant privacy statements from the relevant social media providers.
Cookies and similar techniques
You are free to disable cookies through your browser. Keep in mind that it is possible that our website will no longer work optimally.
We have concluded processor agreements with our external partners. However, we do not have complete control over what the providers of these applications themselves do with the cookies when they read them out. For more information about these applications and how they deal with cookies, see the privacy statements of these parties.
We use Google Analytics to keep track of how visitors use our web store. We have signed a processor agreement with Google to make agreements about the handling of our data. Furthermore, we have not allowed Google to use the obtained Analytics information for other Google services, and finally we anonymize the IP addresses.
We take security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data.
The personal data described above are retained for as long as necessary to handle your bookings, including handling administration, feedback, complaints, damage, insurance, etc. We then store data for a maximum of three years for marketing purposes. The data will then be erased unless there is a statutory obligation that requires longer storage (such as the seven-year fiscal retention obligation for payment data). If you want your data to be deleted earlier, you can send us your request by email: email@example.com.
Have you activated a personal account via MyVillaSud? Then you give VillaSud permission to keep your personal data until further notice, so that you can continue to view the data of previous bookings, can easily place follow-up bookings and you can be kept informed of our villa offer and related services. Through your personal account you can view, change and request your personal data to delete your data and personal account.
Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to our webshop by means of links. We can not guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of these websites before using these websites.
Changes tot his privacy statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy statement. It is advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
Access and changes to you personal data
Would you like to view, change or request your removal of your personal data? Then you can do this via your personal account in MyVillaSud. This is to prevent abuse and guarantee your privacy. For identification purposes, we ask you to log in to your personal account with your email address and your chosen password.
Data Protection Authority
Of course we are happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. Under the privacy legislation GDPR you also have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority against these processing of personal data. You can contact the Data Protection Authority in your country.